This article describes the actions that can be taken on the License Keys page and provides steps to view license keys.
License keys page
If you are a Super User, Procurement Contact, or a user with View License Keys & User Permissions, the License Keys page allows you to manage and organize your license keys in an intuitive and flexible manner through a folder management system.
From this page, you can:
- Select folders and products to view license key details.
- Select an option in the available dropdown to combine, divide, downgrade, move, or upgrade license keys.
- Create, delete, find, move, and rename folders.
- Export folder data to a CSV file. For more information.
Viewing license keys
Super Users, Procurement Contacts, and users with View License Keys & User Permissions can view license keys. If you do not have these permissions, you cannot access the License Keys page.
To view license keys
- Log in to My VMware.
- Select License Keys from the Quick Links options
- If you are associated with multiple accounts, choose the appropriate account from the drop down at the top of the page.
- Select one or more license key folders.
- You can use the Select All function to select multiple folders and view their products at once. Select the Folder you would like to use or Select All is limited to the Home folder and 1st level folder(s). Any sub-folder(s) will need to be selected manually.
- You can also set the number of folders you would like to see in a single page. The pagination is formed automatically to subject to the total number of folders available in the account.
In the By Product tab you can also find License Keys by searching by Product. Select a product to view the license keys.
Note: Only folders to which you have access appear. If a folder is grayed out, you do not have access to that folder, but you do have access to one or more sub-folders under that parent folder. If you do not see a folder you were expecting to see, ask your Super User or Procurement Contact to add you to the folder.
Select a license key to view support and order information and to view the license key history.
Note: So that you can easily review the selected folders across multiple pages you can use the
icon next to the search icon. You will see all the selected folders at a glance. You can also use the x-icon
to de-select a folder in case of an invalid action.